Tuesday, June 3, 2014

BLOCK OF THE MONTH: Q IS OR QUARTERED STAR

This is the first of June.  I'm anxiously awaiting Dorothy's inspiration.  I didn't realize I hadn't posted my block from last month.  I had them done within a couple of hours of her posting it.  I hadn't even taken pictures of them yet.  Today I made it my mission.  Here are the results.  (With June's block we will be only 6 months from finishing.)

I smiled when I saw this block.  I just finished my mystery quilt and I have stacks of 1/2 squares left over from the construction of the blocks.
 
They were called Bonus blocks.  To give us inspiration to make a bonus project. Most of mine are stacked.  I did take a few and make a couple of blocks but I wasn't happy with them.
 
If you know how to make a 1/2 square these are a breeze.  If you don't, never fear, Dorothy's directions are spot on.
 
I must be getting used to the paisleys because my blocks are starting to appeal to me.  BTW...These blocks are the only ones I have.  My collection has disappeared.  I hope I have just forgotten where I put them.  (I did take them to guild with me and I am worried I left them there.  Last month I was misplacing items frequently).
 
 
 
 
 
This is the other paisley group.  This block seems to make up attractively in all color ways. 
 
None as pretty as the one I made for my friend.  I love the fabrics I used in hers.  I don't know how many of you had the pleasure of crossing paths with Jennie, from Australia.  Every block I've made in this color way has reminded me of her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



The block for my friend.
I wish I could deliver it by hand. 















The mystery I hosted for guild.   If you would like, you can play here:
Dorothy Young, owner, of the yahoo group "A Pocketful of Mysteries".
This Block of the Month quilt series began in January 2013.
 
The yahoo site for this trip is:

I have found the construction of the blocks simple. 
I recommend you start with the first block if you are a beginner. 
There are simple techniques you will pick up on the journey.
 
This alphabet BOM is a twenty-six month Trip with
Dorothy Young, owner, of the yahoo group "A Pocketful of Mysteries".
This Block of the Month quilt series began in January 2013.
 
It's not too late to join.  Spend a lovely day sewing blocks.
Join us in this 2 year journey. There are several hundred friends taking the trip
The following, are blogs written each month on my journey through the alphabet.
 
Other blog sites by me:
Chronicling our adventures with a dumped Pit Bull Pup who has become a hidden treasure.
 
Where I have stories of my cats and other pets
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
A "Soap box" blog where I do air my opinions.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry,
blogs about Seed sprouting, insects, and garden pictures
Blog about an endangered beneficial beetle
 
All recipes, pictures, and writings are my own.
I give credit for items which belong to other people in my blogs .
Please do not copy without permission
 

 
 

 
 




 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

No comments: