Wednesday, January 22, 2014

BLOCK OF THE MONTH: M IS FOR MONKEY WRENCH

I've finished monkeying around with Lady of the lake.  Making 3 color ways of each block sometimes gets my knickers in a knot. In Lady of the Lake I had 20 tiny 1/2 square triangles in each block to fidget with.   I was Half-Squared out because it is a Unit in the mystery quilt I host.
http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-mystery-in-making.html
 
Looking forward to this block and what do I see? 
There are four more half squares looking at me. 
  It is the standard nine patch variation. 
Works well with my fabrics, to my elation.

My paisley rendition.
 
 
 
 
 
The picture on the left is my alternate color way. I am trying hard to render my stash paisley less.  They seem to procreate in the stash closet.  I found one between the fat quarters this week.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To relieve the bulk on the back of the block I pressed the seam so they formed little four patches at each intersection like in this example.
 
 
The picture below is my friend's.  To see her constant fabrics look at the blog for Block "A".  I'm hoping I don't run out of her constants before the trip is over.


 
 
With the finishing of this block I am still on track "THROUGH THE ALPHABET". 

This block is also the half way point in the 26 month trip.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A twenty-six month Trip with
Dorothy Young, owner, of the yahoo group "A Pocketful of Mysteries".
This Block of the Month quilt series began in January 2013, and will continue for the next two years.
The yahoo site for this trip is:
It is not too late to join in. So far I have found the construction of the blocks simple. 
I do recommend you start with the first block if you are a beginner. 
There are simple techniques you will pick up on the journey.

Join us in this 2 year journey. There are several hundred friends taking the trip
The following, are the blogs written each month on my journey through the alphabet.
 
I 'm hosting a mystery quilt for my guild. 
This is the link for instructions for the  mystery:
 
Other blog sites by me:
 
Where I have stories of my cats and other pets
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
A "Soap box" blog where I do air my opinions.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry,
blogs about Seed sprouting, insects, and garden pictures
Blog about an endangered beneficial beetle
New Blog:
 
All recipes, pictures, and writings are my own.
I give credit for items which belong to other people in my blogs .
Please do not copy without permission


No comments: