Friday, April 4, 2014

BLOCK OF THE MONTH: P IS FOR PENNSYLVANIA

This block is very comfortable  to complete.  You already have the skills needed used in other blocks you've completed on the journey.

Just recently in "New York Beauty" you did the 3.5 inch bar unit., and also the half square triangle unit.

In "Independence Square"  you had experience in constructing "the 9 patch Unit". 

This block will be a breeze as long as you press.  Follow her pressing directions and you should complete your block toute suite.  Pressing each step allows the block to lie flat and your seams crisp.

Looking at my version of "Pennsylvania"  you will notice I strayed into the box.  I used a third fabric for the 9 patch.  I wish I had done it on the other two blocks I made.  I like the focal point it makes.


This is my green paisley version with the standard center.  I really like the third fabric addition in my first block.

Below is the version I made for my swap partner.

See you next month, in the meantime I will get those pictures taken of the six blocks I was behind (they are completed, I am all caught up)  and post my "Octagon and Twist" Blog.

A twenty-six month Trip with
Dorothy Young, owner, of the yahoo group "A Pocketful of Mysteries".
This Block of the Month quilt series began in January 2013, and will continue for the next two years.

The yahoo site for this trip is:

It is not too late to join in. So far I have found the construction of the blocks simple. 
I do recommend you start with the first block if you are a beginner. 
There are simple techniques you will pick up on the journey.
 

 Join us in this 2 year journey. There are several hundred friends taking the trip
The following, are the blogs written each month on my journey through the alphabet.
http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com/2014/04/block-of-month-o-is-for-octagon-and.html
 
I 'm hosting a mystery quilt for my guild. 
This is the link for instructions for the  mystery:
 
Other blog sites by me:
 
Where I have stories of my cats and other pets
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
A "Soap box" blog where I do air my opinions.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry,
blogs about Seed sprouting, insects, and garden pictures
Blog about an endangered beneficial beetle
 
All recipes, pictures, and writings are my own.
I give credit for items which belong to other people in my blogs .
Please do not copy without permission

No comments: