Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SOUP D'JOUR

It's turned into a cold blustery day.  When I as taking care of the chickens I was subjected to stiff crisp winds from the west.  It's bringing a cold front in which is depositing snow north and west of us in Nebraska and Kansas.  I was wanting soup for lunch but I was out of cabbage and the garlic soup in the refrigerator I had indulged in several times this past week.  What could I have?  I wanted quick and easy and satisfying.  My mind went to an old blog of mine.  It was about tomato soup.

In less than 15 minutes I had my cup of soup in my hands.  I made it with vegetable stock I had made earlier this week.  I used this as my liquid.  It had a plus to using milk.  No calories.  I had considered having a grilled cheese too but after a couple of bites I knew all I wanted was 2 servings of soup.

Have satisfying bowl of soup and a wonderful day.


You can also visit me at:

Where I have stories of my cats and other pets 
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry
New blog about Spartan Arrow Beans.
New blog about Chicken Eggs

No comments: