Saturday, August 13, 2011

LET IT SNOW

I am sorry I  haven't worked on the tutorial for the "Sweet Sixteen" Quilt yet.  Why?  I have had to rush to get a quilt together for another wedding.  It seems the stars and  planets were aligned, I had available just what I needed.   I participated in a block swap with 3 special friends.  Friends I met through the Internet.  One of them saw this pattern in a magazine (can't remember which one).  She wanted to do it.  We were visiting her in her home in Chicago.  It was the week of the first international Quilt show held in Rosemont.  We decided to help her out and make three different fabric blocks each (making 4 of each fabric) and then swap them out.  She had a bolt of white on cream which was divided between the 4 of us.  This would give some cohesiveness to our project. 

We worked on our blocks and swapped them out quickly, but mine sat waiting for me.  When the invitation to the wedding came I immediately thought of them.  The invitation had deep purple roses on it.  The couple lives in the Denver Area.  I thought about the snowflakes waiting. 

The stash held a purple that looked nice with them for borders.  There was just enough for binding (the only left over I had was 2 four inch pieces of binding). 
My Stash has been raided and my UFO pile is one less.  This is the quilt.

SNOWBOUND 78" X 53"

It has been so long since we made the blocks I can't tell you who designed the quilt or what magazine it was in.  I will tell you, the little blocks are only 1 1/2 inches unfinished.  Lots of ity bitty sewing went on!

UPDATE:  
THE COUPLE WHO RECEIVED THIS QUILT HAD A BOY NOVEMBER 2, 2014!
SEE THEIR NEW ADDITION HERE:
For more blogs by me visit at:

Chronicling our adventures with a dumped Pit Bull Pup,
who has become a hidden treasure.

This is a garden blog, but it occasionally has recipes on it.

Not a garden blog.  There are articles which have nothing to do with creating or gardening. 
There are blogs on the new born baby kittens we found and are mothering.  It is a blog where I will sometimes voice my opinions which will always be environmentally friendly.

No comments: