Wednesday, April 13, 2022

SEWING MACHINE DILEMMA

 My dilemma was my Daughter need a different machine hers had bit the dust.   No problem in this house.  I own lots of machines.  I thought I would take one of them to the repair shop and have it serviced.  Nothing was wrong with the machine. Just needed a tension readjustment and a good cleaning because it had set unused for years.

I began calling around for a repair service.  The one I used to use had closed because the Ben Franklin he used to work out of closed.  I could fine no place with less than a 100 dollar minimum charge.    Thus became the dilemma.  Do I invest that much in an old not expensive machine when new, Or do I buy a new one.  If a new one; what is a good reasonable one?  What is a good dependable one?  

New comes with a warrantee...New I am able to return it if I don't like it, if I purchase from Amazon or place like Walmart.  This machine will probably only be used by me when I am down there.  I need something which can handle heavier fabrics, because she will have me doing home décor and stuff like that.  But I also want something I can use for my quilting.

I went looking and couldn't find anything retail that appealed to me. So I put out a 911 to my friend Toby Lischko.  She is a teacher and quilt designer and asked her if there was a reasonable dependable machine on the market.  She had an immediate answer.

Head to Amazon and get the "EverSewn".  I had seen it there when I started looking but never heard of it so I dismissed even looking at it even though the prices were great.  She proceeded to tell me she loved hers and when her cousin was visiting she liked using it so much she ordered one for when she returned home.

I have ordered the 25 version and it is sitting at my Daughters house waiting to be unboxed when I get there.  She told She was too nervous to try it before I got there.  Well, I went looking on You tube for information on the machine.  I can't tell you how impressed I have been with what I have read and seen.

Below are just a few of the videos on the machine.  They have several models, even ones that are geared just to quilters.  yes they have the more expensive versions.  BTW.  one of the pluses of this machine it uses the same accessories the singers, Kenmore's, Janomes and that genre of machines use.

I can't wait to get down there and try the machine.  Below are some of the You Tube Videos on the machine.   I am impressed with the ease the machine operates.  Thank you Toby for the recommendation.

The machine is made and designed by a member of the Bernia family.  The headquarters is in Chicago.

Everything You Need to Know to Get Started with the EverSewn Sparrow 25 Sewing Machine





How to clean the EverSewn Sparrow 25 Sewing Machine  this you won't need to do for a while I put it in the email for me.










 The EverSewn Sparrow Sewing Machine Review  this is the lady who I was watchin her program in 1996 which got me interested in quilting



































No comments: