Working on the Swim suits during the olympics was a breeze. Made the time go faster. We also recorded them so we didn't have to endure the commercials. I decided to make twelve of them instead of the nine I originally planned. I was glad I did when a week later I placed them on the floor to see if I would want to sash them or not. Whoops, right before my eyes I see a glaring mistake. I appliqued two of the same suits on different fabric. I must really like that fabric, LOL. Looking at them I decided to make a pillow with 3 of them The following pictures show the probable lay out.
I will be sashing the pillow. I found in my stash some small pebble like fabric that may work. It is only a fat quarter. I might use a tiny border with it and then a large border which looks like water surrounding it. I want to applique my granddaughter's name on the bottom border and her birth date on the top border. The reason I really wanted a wide border of sand is I wanted to applique some flipflops on the sand. I will keep looking for good sand. I have till August to finish this. I also ask my Dd to send a copy of her foot prints when she was born. I thought I would enlarge it and place it in a corner block on the wall hanging.
I want use only Stash fabrics if I can. I have so much fabric it is unconcienable to buy more in this economy. the following picture is a possible layout for the pillow.
These are all twleve of the suits. Grandaughter will be 8 in August and she is as crazy for swim suits as she was at 18 months.